venerdì, marzo 10, 2006

AMAZING: ENRIQUE'S ACCOUNT OF THE PROTEST IN PUERTO RICO - BLOGFORCUBA

HERE IS ENRIQUE'S WORD BY WORD ACCOUNT OF WHAT HAPPENED ON THURSDAY NIGHT AT THE STADIUM IN

SAN JUAN:

"I arrived at the park 3 hours before game time ... I had the opportunity to go down the right field side to

watch closely the Cuban players warming up....They were throwing , some were running and others in the

right field batting cage...This was about 1 hour before game time...... Some players were passing by me

very closely and I had the opportunity to open one side of the sign that reads BASEBALL PLAYERS YES ,

TYRANTS NO.... One of them gave me sarcastic laugh and then thumps up ... Other players did not show

any emotion but at least six of them read the sign.....
A few moments later , Tony Castro (Castro's son) walked by and I told him Tony , Tony , he looked around

and saw directly my open sing Baseball Players YES Tyrants No , he looked down and kept walking and I

shouted Eso es para tu papa (That is for your dad)...... I know he heard that.

In the meantime I was just standing there and here comes my first encounter with the authorities....A white

man walks to me and ask me what the signs said. I saw his badge clearly showing the words LAW ENFORCEMENT

at that point I felt safe and secure because I realized it was not a Cuban G2 Agent ... I said to him Buenas

noches first of all I am a professional, what can I do for you sir , why would you like to see my sign....he said

to me he could take it away from me but that he preferred if I showed it to him which I did gladly... I said sir

Here it is and if you think it is inappropriate you can take it .. He said to me , You are all right , you can keep
it....Victory # 1. Law enforcement in English ( probably Homeland Security)"



Baseball Classic