The Devil's Excrement: "Tuesday, January 20, 2009
After Chavez gives the green light to repression, wholesale attacks on the opposition begin
After Hugo Chavez gave the green light to repress on Saturday using his â€œbestâ€� tear gas to repress students, violence against students and the opposition escalated sharply both yesterday and today, including attacks on the Vaticanâ€™s representation. It has been a wholesale attack on opposition symbols and the students, led by the police, outlaw groups that Chavez lets roam Caracas with weapons. Among the violent events:
* Outlaw groups from the Tupamaro groups threw tear gas canisters (manufactured by the Venezuelan Government) and roamed outside in motorcycles, threatening them. The La Piedrita group, an armed urban terrorist group, the same one that attacked the home of Marta Colomina, claimed credit.
* The car of a student leader from Central University was burned.
* Explosive devices were thrown at Central University today when a student was giving statements.
* Tear gas devices were thrown at the home of Marcel Granier, President of the group of companies which includes RCTV, whose local broadcasting license e was canceled by Chavez two years ago.
* Armed Tupamaro groups entered teaching university UPEL, threatening to break doo"